Location: Athens, Greece (due to travel restrictions, this position is only open to candidates already residing in Europe)
Basis: Six months full-time, renewable
Start date: January 15, 2021
Mophradat creates opportunities for artists from the Arab world through an inventive approach to funding, commissioning, collaborating, and gathering. Our way of working is imaginative and ambitious, inclusive, and hospitable.
Mophradat is a Brussels-based non-profit arts association that is currently establishing a multidisciplinary venue in Athens for the post-Arab Spring individuals, collectives, and organizations who are likewise working through art to champion progressive narratives and values. Alongside this new project, Mophradat continues its regional and international programs that support artists from the Arab world, promote critical thinking on the current arts-making paradigms, and create opportunities in partnership with interesting arts organizations globally.
This fellowship is for someone who wants to learn more about arts nonprofit organization, as well as how Mophradat specifically works, its outlook, and partners, while bringing their own input and experience as one of the voices and producers contributing to its programs.
- Assist the director in the research, curating, and coordinating programs of the Athens venue including residencies, gatherings, and pubic events;
- Contribute to the development of Mophradat’s artistic programs (Arts Fellows, Art Time Residencies, Consortium Commissions, and Orbitals) in conversation with the team;
- Assist the director in fundraising and writing funding applications;
- Liaise with artists, partners, and other collaborators in the process of realizing projects
- Support the artistic, financial, and administrative development of programs;
- And assist in project production in collaboration with the Administration and Production Coordinator.
- To have been active in the nonprofit arts field since at least three years, with experience working with artists and institutions;
- To have extensive knowledge of the arts communities in (parts) of the Arab world and beyond,
- Be from the Arab world or its diaspora;
- Be fluent in Arabic and English;
- To have demonstrable experience of writing and editing in creative and formal capacities;
- To have the desire to be part of a progressive organization that promotes equality and diversity, and be part of an ongoing process of reflection;
- To have the ability to work independently and flexibly as part of a small team;
- To have an enthusiasm for hosting and facilitating other people’s work needs,
- And be capable of working precisely and systematically in collaboration with the team.
To apply, please send us a letter (max. two pages) telling us about yourself, your interest in the position, and how it fits in with what your practice has been the last couple of years, also send us your CV including your personal details and residency status, as well as the names and contacts of two professional references.
Please send your application to email@example.com, indicating “Program Associate” in the subject. The deadline to apply is October 23, and interviews will be held (remotely or in person) in the first week of November.