Position: Production Coordinator
Start date: March 2021
Mophradat is a Belgian international nonprofit contemporary arts association that creates opportunities for artists from the Arab world through an inventive approach to funding, commissioning, collaborating, and gathering. Our way of working is imaginative and ambitious, inclusive and hospitable. Starting 2021, Mophradat is setting up a meeting space for artists and thinkers from the region to come together for topical residencies, meetings, workshops, and so on, in Athens.
For the development of the site, Mophradat is looking for a dedicated Production Coordinator to join its team.
Reporting to Mophradat’s Director, and working together with the rest of the Mophradat’s team in Athens and Brussels, the Production Coordinator’s responsibilities will include:
- Preparing the facilities of the venue in Athens, which will serve as the team’s workspace as well as the host of future activities, from developing and maintaining a project plan to contracting builders and technicians and making arrangements for cleaning, heating, internet connection, utilities, etc.
- Defining project budgets and tracking all relevant monetary transactions.
- Identifying, recruiting and supervising contractors for the renovation of the building (construction, plumbing, finishing, and so forth) and ensuring coordination between project execution partners.
- Creating lists of needs in terms of furnishings and other live/work requirements for the building, researching and locating options and providers, and sourcing supplies, materials and equipment (this can range from researching secondhand old doors to finding cutlery).
- Developing and maintaining a database of suppliers and technicians that Mophradat and its future residents can rely on.
- Maintaining organized files using existing archiving systems, ensuring that information is continuously kept up-to-date.
- Attending team meetings and other meetings as required, being an active member of the Mophradat team and contributing with ideas and opinions.
- Undertaking general administrative and program support work, as needed.
- At least 3 years of demonstrable experience in arts and/or events production. Experience of initiating projects is an asset, as is experience of medium- or large-scale project development as part of small teams.
- Knowledge of and interest in the arts and culture.
- Ability to multitask and handle a diverse workload in a calm manner.
- Flexibility to move around the city and source materials – a driving license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Greek – this is non-negotiable.
- Proficiency in using standard software such as MS Word & Excel; knowledge of design software is an asset.
- Resourceful with high level of initiative, responsibility, and punctual.
This is a part-time role on a fixed-term basis between March to July 2021 with the potential to be extended. The role may expand to include additional responsibilities as Mophradat grows its activities and develops its program at the venue in Athens. The exact scheduling, time commitment, and fee will be decided jointly with the successful candidate.
Please send your CV and a letter describing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5, 2021. For more information, please visit www.mophradat.org