Head of Development for International Projects
Start Date: September (flexible)
Deadline: August 30, 2019
Mophradat is looking for a collaborator to design and develop a unique business model and support it with strategic fundraising plans and efforts in support of establishing its ambitious new arts initiative in Athens, Greece. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a pioneering & meaningful new project with far-reaching relevance and impact.
- Design a creative business model for Mophradat’s new Athens-based initiative.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit donors including individuals, foundations, etc.
- Lead on short- and long-range planning of activities to create and implement fundraising goals and objectives.
- Coordinate day-to-day development strategies to ensure their integration into Mophradat’s overall programs and budgets.
- Research, write, edit, and oversee the preparation of persuasive and accurate, proposals, case statements, reports, correspondence, and other development-related materials in support of fundraising in coordination with the director.
- Educated at minimum MBA or similar relevant graduate degree.
- Eight- to ten-year work experience in the business development field with demonstrable examples of prior projects and businesses developed.
- Successful fundraising track record in securing major grants and gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other private funding sources.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and implementing long- and short-range development initiatives in conjunction with strategic planning processes.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities.
- Experience in project management in the non-profit sector, preferably in the arts.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- Independent worker, detail-oriented and thrives in a small team environment.
- Availability to travel frequently.
- Excellent written and spoken English; knowledge of Greek and/or Arabic an asset.
Please send a cover letter describing your relevant experience, CV, and contacts of two referees by email to email@example.com, latest by 30 August, 2019.