(Individuals, Collaborations, or Collectives)
These grants support artists (individuals, collaborations, or collectives) to develop their practice. Among other activities, the grants can be used to pursue threads of research, stage an event, make new work, publish, travel, take part in a residency or workshop, or present an exhibition or performance. The grants can cover part or all of the proposed activity or project. Approximately ten grants are awarded each calendar year, with an average value of US$5000. Applications are due twice per year, on April 1 and October 1, and results are communicated within four weeks of these dates. Grant recipients are selected by an external advisory committee. The advisors’ names are published after grant recipients are announced.
Applications must include a completed application form and relevant supporting materials.
Applications can ONLY be submitted in English or Arabic.
A fillable PDF application form is available for download here.
Only completed PDF application forms with supporting material uploaded through the submissions page will be accepted.
The application form is best completed using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- All applicants, whether selected or not, receive a response to their applications.
- Due to the high volume of applications and the confidentiality of the selection process, Mophradat does not provide individual feedback explaining the reason an application was not selected.
- If selected, a grant agreement will be signed between the recipient and Mophradat.
- Funds will be released in a two-stage process: 80 percent when the grant agreement is signed, and the remaining 20 percent on project completion.
- A narrative summary of what was achieved and a financial report must be submitted by the date included in the grant agreement before the second installment is made.
*By applying for a grant, you agree that if you are selected, you will endeavor to realize your proposal. If the proposal is not realized to an appropriate level of completion, you may be asked to partially or fully reimburse Mophradat.