General Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for any of our open calls, your application must meet the following criteria:
- Be complete (all documents requested are submitted);
- Be related to a field of contemporary arts (all disciplines are welcome);
- Be for a contemporary arts activity or project by artists or other arts practitioners from or living in the Arab world, or be relevant to the region;
- Be realized by professional artists and/or other arts practitioners (such as curators, critics, writers, etc.) who have been active in their field for a number of years;
- Be ambitious and demonstrate an awareness of artistic concerns;
Involve no commercial activity or organization;
- Be devoid of any intention to promote intolerance, violence, patriarchal worldviews, or any form of discrimination based on ability, age, gender, nationality, origin, race, religion, or sexuality;
- Not work against Mophradat’s mission and values, which you can read here;
- Meet the specific criteria related to the specific open call.
Meeting the criteria makes your application eligible for consideration by the external advisors, who then determine which applications to support.
Please note that the grant programs are highly competitive as applications far exceed our resources.